Remember to Refrigerate!
Serving salsa on game day? Try this winning recipe for fresh salsa that uses fresh garlic and fresh lime juice. Remember to refrigerate any home-made salsa until it’s time to serve. Nest the bowl in ice on the serving table or make sure you follow the two-hour rule.
18 fresh Roma tomatoes
1 medium jalapeño pepper, stem removed
1 small sweet onion, peeled
4 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
1 ½ teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons fresh garlic
2 ounces fresh lime juice
- Wash your hands and clean the cutting board and prep area with soap and water.
- Rinse the tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, and cilantro under running water.
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Finely dice the onion, jalapeño pepper, and garlic.
- Chop the cilantro leaves into small pieces.
- Combine tomatoes, peppers, onion, cilantro, salt, garlic and lime juice in a bowl and refrigerate until serving time.